Pledge Manager closes in NINE DAYS plus other stuff.
about 14 hours ago
– Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 11:20:41 PM
As the title indicates the pledge manager closes on October 1st, that's in NINE DAYS! About twenty percent of you have not completed your pledge manager. Please do that as soon as possible as we will be finalizing totals for production on the 2nd of October.
A lot of news to cover here. First plastics production. John and Ed over at Effincool have been learning how to use their new toy, the Siocast machine and it's going to rock. They worked on one of our lovely Gunpowder Girls during the training sessions and you can see the results for yourself.
Yannick has also completed the first of the three archers for the War Elephant crew.
I should have the final pictures of the Coven Shrine in the next couple of days.
All the best,
The lots to tell you update. STLs, Coven Shrine, and Plastics
about 1 month ago
– Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 02:39:11 PM
This is a big update in terms of content so I am going to subdivide it into three parts.
1. STL Information
2. Coven Shrine work in progress pictures
1. The STL's are be pre supported as we speak and should be ready within the next two weeks. I had originally planned to release all of these a couple of weeks before the physical rewards shipped. This seemed only fair as I didn't want people posting pictures of their new stuff several months before other backers got theirs. However, an astute backer pointed out that some of the miniatures were already out in the wild thanks to the first kickstarter. He's absolutely right, there is no reason not to release the files for the coven and the mercenaries as soon as they are available and that's what I will be doing. I am not sure who will be hosting them yet.
1.5 Some of you who have only backed for a few miniatures have asked about switching your pledge to STL files to eliminate the ridiculous international shipping rates that we find ourselves stuck with at the moment. I think this is fine. If you have only purchased a few miniatures and you are interested in switching to STLs please contact me and we can work out the details.
2. The Coven Shrine, despite being ill and generally over run with requests for his services, Yannick has continued working on this kit and he is almost done. Their will be some slight changes to the model and there will be a goddess statue placed in the shrine but this is pretty much the finished product. Pictures at the bottom and they are not suitable for work.
3. Plastics. John and Ed over at Effincool have been trying to get a training session scheduled on the Siocast and they have finally been able to to land a session on Monday. In the mean time Siocast themselves made a few test figures using information supplied by Effincool and one of the figures is ours. It's really a beautiful figure and for a kid who plaid with plastic toy soldiers all through his childhood it was a bit of a special thrill to see one of my girls in that medium. I am anxious to see what John and Ed are able to produce because their casting skills are second to none and I expect them to show us some amazing stuff. By the way, more and more companies are switching to the Siocast including some who primarily produce display figures not tabletop stuff. Check out this youtube video from Creature Castor on their experiences with the material. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGrT28E3DQ
Not suitable for work
The I think I've fixed everything update.
about 2 months ago
– Sat, Aug 07, 2021 at 12:57:28 AM
I'm back from vacation and I think I have everything fixed, but I if you find anything I didn't fix please let me know ASAP.
1. Added the Knight Commander.
2.Added new item to the pledge level for the Coven Shrine. C* The Coven Shrine It is a duplicate that lets you choose metal or plastic. Please go back into your pledge and choose.
3. Added C* for the War Elephant crew. These will be female archers and I decided that you might want them to use as regular foot archers in metal so now you can have that option.
Postage. I realize that international shipping is outrageous. I looked around and I chose the lowest amount possible to ship packages internationally. This means if you order a bunch of metal you are probably getting a bargain on shipping. I wish I could ship to you for less, but I just can't.
The Coven Shrine is almost done. I should have pictures by next week. I am talking to Effincool today to see where they are at on plastic samples to show you. I should have an update late next week with cool stuff for you. In the mean time here are the last two shrine bearers. Tell me what you think.
All the best,
The still on vacation update
about 2 months ago
– Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 09:59:39 AM
I’m sorry I haven’t had a chance to respond to all of your posts. I will be back on the fifth of August and I have a correction for all of the messed up plastic or metal questions as well as the Knight Commander. As soon as I get those implemented, probably on August 6th, I will post a new update with an explanation of how to correct your pledge.
Remember the pledge manager doesn’t close until October so we have plenty of time.
All the best,
The leaving on vacation update.
about 2 months ago
– Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 01:22:25 AM
Sorry this is a bit rushed as I am leaving on vacation in slightly more than two hours. I will be away from my computer but I should still be able to answer questions.
The Pledge Manager is live and of course there have been errors discovered that did not show up in the smoke test.
The Knight Commander is not available as an add on. This is my fault, I just forgot her. I am trying to fix this but backer kit does not let me just add her. I will figure out a way to get her to everyone who wants her.
The Coven Shrine. You can not choose metal or plastic. This is a relic of me figuring out their system. I am trying to fix it but see above. If there is a place on the form to write in comments just tell me which one you want. I will send out a confirmation email to everyone that ordered one to make sure you get your preferred casting material. Sorry about this.
The Coven Shrine, aesthetics. Someone contacted me to say that they would not order the Coven Shrine because the cultists wear hoods and a certain racist American organization wears hoods. Let's not have a flame war on this, but these hoods are not like those hoods. These hoods are modeled on the groups that march in Spain during Holy Week. A much older tradition than that American group and they are designed to look like the Spanish hoods. Not all hats are fedoras.
Take care of yourselves, and be good to each other for the next ten days.